Saturday 21 August 2010

Moelwyns and Cnicht

I was pretty exhausted after last Saturday's walk, the culmination of a frantic couple of days. On Friday morning I woke up in the Edinburgh doggy hotel, joined in with the barking, and was then served breakfast in bed. They've been giving me a new breakfast recently, called Chappie, which is meant to make my poos more solid.
Just after breakfast, as I was settling into my nap, the nice lady came in with my lead and said my family have come for me. Oh Joy. She took me out of the compound, and there they all were. I said hello (they looked very pleased to see me), jumped into the car and said let's go.
There was a lot of driving, then Mark and I got out at a big field at Llanberis called 'camping'. I like this field, there are sheep in it, and a few other dogs to meet. Mark put up my tent, but I preferred to stay outside to keep watch; later on we walked to a pub with Will, Sarah and Matt and they talked about something called the Paddy Buckley, every so often looking in my direction and patting my head.
Mark was a bit wobbly as we walked back up the hill to 'camping', and went to sleep very quickly. During the night it rained very heavily, and I moved into the inner tent in case Mark got scared.
In the morning Mark took ages to pack the tent away, and we trotted off to meet Will's car. I got a very pleasant surprise - in the back of the car was Ru, a brown border collie; she's a bit older than me, but very kindly allowed me to share her car, although I did growl a bit whenever she came into my personal space.

No comments:

Post a Comment